Sunday, October 24, 2010

Picture Post

Tonight I was looking at some of the pictures I had on my computer and I decided to do a random picture post. And, because I am not a very sophisticated blogger, they happened to load from most recent to oldest.

So here is a picture of Chase, taken at Chili's on Friday night. He was the lucky student who got to bring "Sparky Squirrel" home for the weekend. We are glad Sparky is returning to the classroom on Monday. It is stressful to have to keep track of a beloved classroom mascot when I can hardly keep track of my own children.

The girls were pretty excited for the first day of school. Abby is in 2nd and Madison is in 1st. They go to different schools, but they both get to ride the bus. I LOVE the bus!

Over the summer we spent a few weeks in Utah visiting family. Madison got to spend a few days with her Nana and Grandpa Cobb by herself while the rest of us stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Beckstead. During that time she was able to fishing with Grandpa, her cousin Ben and Grandpa's neighbor Rich. Madison and Ben both caught fish, but couldn't understand why the fish died. I think they both thought they were catching their future pets.

Mason turned 1 on July 18th and we had a little party. He wasn't all that excited to eat his GIANT Costco cupcake (which, sadly, they don't have anymore at our Costco.) I had to kind of shove some in his mouth. He was a little interested in mushing the frosting around, but not too interested in eating it. I look at these pictures now, and already he seems so much bigger.

This cute picture was taken just a few weeks before his birthday. We spent an afternoon at the Oakland Temple and snapped this picture in the car on the way home. It was one of the rare hot days we had this summer.

This last picture of Madison was taken at the end of the school year last year. Her class got an AWESOME tour of a local fire station. The dad of one of the children in the afternoon program works at this station (and is a Chief or Captain or some in-charge kind of guy). The kids got to see everything and even got a ride in the fire truck. It was really amazing. I'm glad I got to go with her.
I need to be better about taking pictures. It's so fun to look back and remember!

1 comment:

Amie said...

I'm so happy to see you blogging again. I have been working on the photo albums again and I love seeing the kids when they were younger. No wonder I loved those days... they were so cute!

Your post about holding the baby to calm yourself made me cry... so sweet and so inspired to bring back the important things and remind you of the good things. Thanks for sharing.