Sunday, October 31, 2010

Don't invite us over....


'Cause we're just trouble.

Last night, at a Halloween Party, I heard a crash, breaking glass, and then silence. The whole party stopped to look at the cutest little one year old stinker who had just knocked over a large vase. Sad part is, when I saw the large vases on the floor earlier I thought "Mason's going to get a hold of those..." Gotta learn to listen to that voice a little better!

"What? I didn't know it would do that, Mom! I don't want to apologize to the Bishop!"

Almost an exact quote. At about 11:58 am this morning, at the Danville LDS Stake Center, a very LOUD alarm stopped everyone in their tracks. We all just froze in the Primary room and then looked to the Bishop, now Stake President, who just happened to be visiting Primary. He left the room, at which time someone else came into the room and announced, "Mr. Beckstead has found the fire alarm handle." I instructed the Primary to listen to the closing prayer and then leave, but once the prayer was done they all still stayed in their seats. It was LOUD! I went and found Chase, who was with his Dad, and had a little conversation.

He never did apologize to the Bishop/Stake President (hard to know what to call him - I guess technically he still has both callings.) Luckily the Bishop/Stake President is a very loving, understanding man, with children of his own. Chase will probably never do it again. (hopefully)

It's just another day in the life around here. I wonder when we will stop bringing havoc, destruction and chaos with us wherever we go? Someday I am sure. But for now, I need a nap.

No comments: