Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Who potty trained that kid?

This is how to thoroughly confuse a little boy when potty training.

1) insist that he sit backwards on the potty when first learning to go.

2) realize that he has to completely strip from the waist down to sit on the potty backwards

3) realize that stripping from the waist down will not go over so well in preschool.

4) insist that he stand up to pee, but of course with the seat up

5) bribe and beg him to stand up to pee so he can go to preschool

6) try to have him sit forwards on the potty so he doesn't have to strip and can still go to preschool

7) have him pee all over you, the nanny and the floor while sitting forward on the potty

8) bribe and beg again for him to stand up to pee - preschool is really important people!

9) let him decide how he wants to use the potty

10) be happy that now he stands up to pee, but still sits backwards to go #2

I can just imagine the thoughts in poor Chase's head.

Chase thinking- "I need to pee, so I stand up and put this seat thingy up. Wait, I actually need to go #2, so I guess I'll just sit down. Wow, this feels different and what is this seat doing here in front of me. I thought I was supposed to sit on it. I guess I still can sit on it , if I can just get it over my head. Oh now what do I do? I thought my legs were supposed to be under this thing. I guess I just put it back up. Oh great, I think I am......."


Chase screaming- " Mooooommmmmyyyy, I is stuck!!!!!"




He's not going to preschool until January. I guess we still have some time.

9 comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

That looks like a dangerous situation! I hope he doesn't try that at preschool :-)

Paige said...

Anyone who potty trains is allowed to do it however they darn well please. Guessing the nanny is telling the pee story to everyone...

Unknown said...

This is why I'm not in a hurry to potty train Logan!

Lara said...

Amanda, I have the same picture of Ethan with the toilet! I think it must be a Beckstead thing.

We are hoping you guys come to Arizona for Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

priceless......

staceygriff said...

it's a good thing he wasn't sitting the other way with his legs stuck through the seat. Yikes. something might have gotten hurt. the joys of potty training. potty training a boy was so different for me. well obviously. a big difference was that Sofi and Kiah never peed outside out of the blue when neighbors were walking by.

April Cobb said...

Okay so I have three things to say... 1. when did chase get so big? When was the last time I saw him? 2. Your nanny was probably sad but old enough to handle it, unlike my 12-year-old bb sitter who got pooh on her when changing Fletcher and cried! 3. Gordon's shorts are totally ugly. He probably thinks they are timeless though. ugh.

April Cobb said...

Oh, and I love the ring around the butt cheeks from sitting on the potty so long.

Amie said...

Oh dear. Either I have selective memory loss or got lucky but I don't remember dealing with all that!

I want to hear more about the nanny... live in? I am nosy... sorry if you forgot that.