Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Behind the Scenes

In an effort to reveal what life is like here at the Beckstead's I thought I would give you a quick peek into our life.

Every morning after the girls are at school Chase and I come home to a kitchen that looks like this.


About half of the time, I decide the Kitchen takes priority and we turn it into this
But, sometimes the car takes priority, especially since one of my children (I won't name names.... mostly because I don't really know who did it.... but I have two guesses) decided to do this.
and this....
So we get out the hairspray and now we have this.

Most of the days we have faces that look like this. Especially, when one of them gets caught doing something like what we have above.

And most days we have silliness that looks like this. Which is a stage that I know won't last forever, but sure does create mountains of laundry.

So basically we have daily messes, frequent art in unwanted places, multiple emotional meltdowns, and excessive silliness. Someday I will have to post the movie I made of the day the girls dumped out all the rice, cereal and noodles all over the kitchen floor and then moved on to pull out all the tinfoil and saran wrap and leave it in a heap in the living room. Unfortunately, I don't have a movie of the time the girls decided to have a picnic in the kitchen and got out all the pots and pans, filled them with water and then took out ALL the spices and started making "soup."
The thing that still amazes me is how fast they are in their naughtiness. Someday they will be amazing artists, chef's, actresses or whatever they choose, but getting through the NOW is the challenge.

It's been a long, full day here- school, Occupational Therapy, a two hour IEP meeting, stress and worry about our little Madi, playing in the cul-de-sac with neighbors, dinner out as a family, the ever difficult bedtime routine, the one child still awake refusing to go to bed.... I think I am ready to give in to the fatigue and say goodnight.

2 comments:

April Cobb said...

Despite what people are saying about you ;), I think you are a GREAT MOM!!! And my kitchen looks like that through at least half the day. Fortunately, the seats of my mini-van don't look like that (I would kill my kids.) But you don't scream at or threaten your angelic children half as much as I do mine, so I applaud you. You will receive your glory in heaven... hopefully sooner than that too.

GeorgiaBecksteads said...

I always find it hard to decide between fighting the battle for disobedience and messes or letting it go because they are being creative and playing well together, if only for a little while.
You're great, Amanda! And we sure love you and your family.