Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I'm off to Oz, the Emerald City

That's right - I'm DC bound this afternoon. What? You didn't know that the Wizard of Oz was just one big metaphor about the Gold Standard Debate in 1896? You didn't know that the Emerald City represented Washington DC and that the wizard was supposed to represent the President? Well, if you didn't- just know that I am lucky to have a big brother who has filled my head with all sorts of useful knowledge over the years- some of it based on fact and some of it based on his own unique way of thinking about things. Such as his conviction that you should brush your teeth with warm or hot water because they will get cleaner.



I am just about to burst from excitement for 4 days without the gang! Just me! How lucky am I? I am heading out with my sister-in-law. We just hope the husbands can handle it. Gordon is planning on taking the kids camping! WHAT! Without me, for the first time ever. Yes, that's right. Our children have never been camping before, and Gordon is going to try it solo! Wish him luck! I think his biggest challenge is not really the camping part, it will be getting everything ready to go camping!

I'll report back about DC and the much anticipated camping trip when I return on Monday.

4 comments:

April Cobb said...

You think you have gotten a lot of "useful" information from your brother? You can just imagine what our children will grow up believing. You turned out okay though, Mandy. There is hope for my three kids.

Amie said...

Warm/hot water? hmmm. I will never be able to brush my teeth without thinking of that again.

You are so right... the getting ready to go camping is much more work than the actual camping... and then the clean up.... We are doing the same thing. The boys are leaving this morning for a few days. Luckily Jimmy did 97% (approximately) of the prep himself.

Have a great weekend ALONE! How fun. I am sure it will be great and fly by....

Lara said...

Amanda, I am so excited that you have a blog now! I loved looking at the pictures of your kids. I can't believe Chase cut his hair - that is hilarious!

Shannon said...

I just found out you had a blog. I just sent you an invite to ours. We just went private. I love Chase's hair! Too funny! Cute pictures of everyone! I hope you had a great time in D.C. I love this time of year there so I'm so jealous!