Thursday, February 19, 2009

Interesting Information and Issues

Last night Gordon and I had a big long discussion about some serious issues with our children. Yes, they all have issues (some more serious than others). Anyway- he shared a tidbit of information with me. He said he has worked more in the last month in a half than than he ever has in the same amount of time at any time in his career. Never before has he had such a busy January and February. Yikes- that's scary considering how much he does work in general. No wonder we all have issues! Remarkably, for me at least, I never would have come to that realization on my own. And usually I am the first to notice how much he is working. Maybe my issues with his workload are being replaced by the issues of my children. Ah, life is all about issues!!! Sometimes good, sometimes not so good. How can such little kids have such serious issues. Maybe they just feel serious because I am their mom. When I have more time I can explain a little better, let's just say therapists, doctors and trips to the principals office are not always fun!

Now I am off to prepare for the big Cub Scout Blue and Gold Banquet tonight. Let's hope there are no issues with that!

4 comments:

staceygriff said...

Keep smiling ;) you have an amazing family! cute kids some with issues but show me a kid that doesn't have some type of issue and I will fall flat on my face in shock. Not belittling your kids issues though, life is hard for some of these little ones. You are a great mom and they will be amazing adults.

April Cobb said...

Issues coming from every direction! In retrospect you will see that this was harder than you even realized at the time. You will give sacrament talks about lessons learned during this "era": gordon's heavy work load--Abby's principal's office fiascos-- Chase's broken head-- your kidney stones and pregnancy-- and everything else we discuss. It is miraculous that you stay chipper. But you are that kind of girl. Go, Mandy!!

Coupon Lady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amie said...

I do feel a little lost but I guess that is what happens when I don't keep in better touch.

I can't imagine you anything except calm and patient... that has to serve you well during hard times.

We had our Blue and Gold last week... not sad its over!