Monday, January 5, 2009

Funny boy.


Chase went to his very first day of preschool this morning. There were about 5 other kids starting this morning too. I felt like a bad mom because I didn't bring my camera along. All the other moms (and dads- oops I guess we messed up there too) were snapping pictures left and right of their little ones rolling playdough or playing with puzzles. I helped Chase find a seat at the playdough table, gave him a kiss and ran for the door. Ok - not really, but I didn't hesitate to leave once he seemed thoroughly engaged in whapping his playdough with a hammer. I guess since we have been going to this preschool for the last 4 years it just seemed like normal to take him and leave him there. I drove away with a little smile on my face and a few hours of NO KIDS ahead of me.


Speaking of Chase-he is such a funny boy. He is our best sleeper and we sometimes have to wake him up to go places. This last Sunday it was around 9:15am and he was still asleep. He had gone to bed at 8pm the night before so we were a little worried. Gordon went into his room and layed down next to him to try and coax him awake. I peeked my head in to see how it was going and Chase saw me. He kind of yawned, put his head back down and the first thing out of his mouth that morning was, "Momma will you help me to get Daddy out of my bed." I started cracking up.

Gotta love him!

3 comments:

GeorgiaBecksteads said...

Had Gordon fallen asleep? I can see Robert falling asleep if he did that.

Jen said...

Ha! That is really funny. And it must be a trait in the family because my kids could sleep well into the late morning. We've even had to wake them up at Christmas to open presents. Silly kids!

April Cobb said...

Now why didn't Trey inherit those same sleep genes that Chase did? If I start blogging something like that someday (Highly unlikely) you need to let me know how blessed I am. Sweet Chase.