Thursday, December 4, 2008

Helpless!

So, I have been lucky enough to have a nanny helping me out for the last year and a half or so. I wish every mom could be so lucky. A few months after Chase was born we had Mimi come and work for us. She came every day for a few hours, which was great because she was able to stay with the kids when Gordon and I went on a trip together, and she came when I had surgery to have my tonsils taken out. She was just what we needed at the time, but we knew it would just be for a few months. After Mimi we had Courtney come to work for us. Again, Courtney was just what we needed at the time. Courtney is married and lives close by. She started by coming two days a week, and then she just started coming one day a week. She is wonderful, amazing and she provided the sanity I desperately needed. She took care of the kids, cleaned, did the laundry, made their meals, took them to the park (all in one day). I swear that girl never takes a rest!

BUT, guess what! Yesterday was Courtney's last day. So, so , so Sad!!!! I have to hand it to her though. She worked until she was 37 weeks pregnant. And she continued to work hard through her whole pregnancy. We will miss her, but are totally excited to meet her daughter Kristen when she makes her way into the world (hopefully not on Christmas day- even though she is due Dec 24th!)

So now I am totally help-less!!!! (I did used to have a cleaning lady too- I know I'm spoiled, but I swear my kids are HARD!!!) Life is much easier now though. Madison's therapy session are still 4 days a week, but are here at Abby's elementary school instead of in Walnut Creek. The kids are doing chores, which actually really helps out. We have gotten used to Gordon's travel schedule and long hours.

Anyway- we just wanted to give a shout out to our wonderful nannies, without whom I would have for sure had a nervous breakdown. Thank you, thank you, thank you for helping our family when we needed it most!

3 comments:

Sally said...

A good nanny or household helper is such a blessing. It's a luxury that I would trade for fancy clothes, a nice car, lots of things. I'm glad you've had wonderful helping hands!

Amie said...

I love hearing more about the details of your life. I can only imagine that it would be fabulous to have help... especially with three little ones. I hope you are doing well without the extra hands... this time of year seems to be when they are the most needed.

April Cobb said...

I feel so sad for you. We should all have a moment of silence for Courtney and Mimi............ahhh and now a moment of silence for you and how hard your life will be without them...........I know you not only need a nanny but you DESERVE a nanny. I hope that Santa brings you one. When you pull down your stocking, stuff your hand way down inside of it and see what comes out. If it doesn't have two arms and a bucket full of cleansers, I would just go back to bed.