Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Hello blogland!

(aren't Madi and Chase cute holding hands!)



Well, after months of spending countless hours reading all about the lives of strangers in blogland, I finally decided to take the plunge and start my own blog. My husband will laugh and say he knew it was just a matter of time. My kids will be further neglected, and someday they will probably be embarassed that their crazy adventures will be posted for all to see. But, there is often too much humor and craziness in our life to keep to ourselves- we just need to share!

You are probably wondering- why the title -"Where'd they get that hair?" When I think about how the general public responds to us as a family when we are out and about, this is by far the most frequently asked question we get. Do all families get asked questions by perfect strangers when they are out? Maybe or maybe not, but we certainly do. When we are out together (with or without Gordon) we generally get one of three responses by many people we come in contact with. The most frequent is the question, "Where'd they get that hair- you have one of each. Brown, Red and Blonde" Why yes we do! The second is, "Where did they get those curls?" Poor Chase just gets forgotten in those moments. The last is "Boy, you have your hands full." And, most of the time I literally do. Full of two curly topped girls, one red head and one brown, and one blonde little boy!
What questions/comments do you get when you are out?

6 comments:

April Cobb said...

I will be the first to comment (as usual). Look at that picture!!! They are ANGELS. What are you talking about? Hands full. Sheesh. he he. You got it easy, sister!

So when I am out, everyone says, "Look at that sweet baby! He is so smiley. I bet he never cries." Everyone at church says that they don't think Fletcher every cries and that he is so cheerful. Yeah, right. They don't get beaten up by him when he wakes up on the wrong side of the bed.

staceygriff said...

They are too cute. I can't believe how time has flown and how big they are. Chase looks like Camden did when he was younger. Is that just me or do you think so as well. What a cute bunch. I had someone tell me the other day that they can't believe how much Miles looks like me. I was stunned but kind of happy. If someone sees something there, I'm not going to complain. We've also had someone say that they see Sofi in Mark and that she has his personality. I'm glad people make those comments though because they always say it about Kiah and I know it must make Sofi and Miles feel bad to hear it.

Sally said...

Yay! You have a blog.

Your kids are adorable. I am so glad you have a blog so I can keep up on their cuteness.

Everyone tells me "you have your hands full". At least once a day. I always want to say something like "I have friends who have 6 and 7 kids. This is a breeze!"

Paige said...

I think Chase is looking at a buzz in his near future- but cute nonetheless!

I always get "Wow, you are busy." Aren't we ALL busy? At least I'm busy with work that (can be, at times) cute.

Becky said...

Congratulations! I just entered as well. You've been probably lurking my site :-)

I can totally relate to the "having your hands full comments". I got so tired of hearing that in California. The answer is to move to Utah. 6 kids per family is kind of the norm in my ward. I don't mind not being unique at all. But, as long as you have to, enjoy the uniqueness and say something like, "I actually have 4 more at home!"

Gary and Marjo said...

Amanda, it was so fun reading your blog.