Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Road Trip- Part 1

When spring break arrived this year, I was determined to get out and do some exploring with the kids. 
They were ready for some road trips.  

On the first day of spring break we loaded up an drove to Mystic Seaport.  For some reason I thought there was a beach in Mystic so I kept telling the kids we were going to the beach.  When I realized that there really isn't a beach there, or at least one that I could find, I had to promise a side trip to the beach after we explored the seaport.


The seaport had some cool tall ships and is a living museum of an old fashioned seaport village.  There are many historic buildings- homes, churches, stores, etc... - that you can walk through and explore.  There are two tall ships that you can explore as well.  It was interesting, and the kids enjoyed it.


But, they were anxious to get to the beach.  So we got back in the car and drove about 20 minutes to Ocean Beach in New London, CT.  It was not a really hot day, so the kids ran in and out of the water trying to not freeze.


It was fun to get out and explore and see some more of Connecticut.  There are so many other places I would love to explore, but it is always hard with four little ones in tow.  We are still searching for a favorite beach in the area.  Ocean Beach was nice, but we've heard there are nicer beaches.  We've got to get out and try a few.

1 comment:

April Cobb said...

Oh, I think you left some of the drama out of this story. Did anyone throw a tantrum or run off? I can't imagine going on a day trip like that without at least one child sabotaging it or doing something to make me wish I never tried. Sounds like a good mom day for you!