Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Easily Pleased


Madison was lamenting our move to Connecticut the other day.

Madi: Why do we have to move to Connecticut?
Me: Because Daddy got a new job there. It will be great, don't worry.
Madi: Why did Daddy have to get a new job.
Me: Daddy wanted to do something different so he got a new job. Really, it will be great.
Madi: I don't want to go to Connecticut.
Me: Madi, it will be great. We will have so much fun. You can join a basketball team, there will be snow and you can build a snowman. We can go skiing, we will be near the ocean......
Madi: I don't want to go to Connecticut.
Me: Madi, you can have hot chocolate there every day during the winter.
Madi: Really???
Me: Yes, really...
Madi: Hot Chocolate with marshmallows?
Me: Yes, with marshmallows.
Madi: That is SO AWESOME. I love hot chocolate with marshmallows. I am SO excited. Connecticut is the BEST!!!!!!!!

Funny girl. Always easily won over with sweet treats!


1 comment:

GeorgiaBecksteads said...

I call hot chocolate the boys' "coffee". They come down in the morning and can't really start their day until they have their hot chocolate - marshmallows just makes it even better. Sometimes I wonder if I'm creating monsters - you should see them if something isn't exactly right with the hot chocolate.
I'm glad it can be used to help Madison with the move. :)